Thursday, February 4, 2010

looking for fuzzy feelings


Winter has made me especially crabby lately. I had a huge urge to make something completely different... Different mediums, different skills, different motives. I came up with some pendants made from Rummikub tiles that Anna picked up at a yard sale. I went through some old magazines and cut tiny little pieces of everything I found remotely interesting. I arranged these bits and decoupaged them to the backs of the tiles. I let them dry over night and then sealed them with diamond glaze. I plan to glue some kind of metal loop to the back so I can string them up.
Closeups!!!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are awesome... makes me think i should be doing stuff more like this rather than what i've been working on lately =/

Unknown said...

I really like these. How has the diamond glaze held up since you made them? I really don't like using resin to put a raised surface on a pendant, etc, but I have had mixed results with the alternatives I've tried. Aileen's makes a product similar to diamond glaze, but in humidity it tends to get sticky, even long after piece is dry.

Just curious if the diamond glaze is the way to go.

Congratulations on your new baby!!!

Beth Marling