Here are some of the things I have been experimenting with lately. While the mister was out at one of his poker games or something, I got up the nerve to dye up some roving. I used this tutorial and it actually turned out the way they describe. http://gfwsheep.com/rov.inst/rov.inst.html
This stuff is merino. It wasn't hard to spin. I just came up with the awful realization that I really should have a bigger flier on my wheel so I can spin up more yardage of the bulkier yarns. The kit I'm going to need for that is around $150. Geez. For now I'm going to have to deal with the smaller sections. Here is what happened with my handspun roving. I'm still pretty happy with it.
Yep. Pretty awesome.
I still sew these days. I constructed some patchwork pouches for the upcoming spring craft fair at Triad.
I really have a thing for bright colors on black backgrounds. Yet again I have another shameless cute cat pic. Gypsy is getting a little slower now that she is less of a kitten. I love those eyes.
3 hours ago